Pacific Northwest Transportation Services (PNWTS) is the proud supplier of carbon neutral transportation services for the cruise industry in Victoria, British Columbia Canada.
Located at the Ogden Point Cruise Terminal, PNWTS operates convenient shuttle connections from the pier in the Breakwater District to downtown Victoria. As the exclusive supplier of buses on behalf of the Greater Victoria Harbour Authority (GVHA), PNWTS provides motor coaches for shore excursion tours originating from cruise lines and is the sole provider of dispatch services on the Terminal. As an industry leader, we pride ourselves in supporting sustainable and responsible tourism.
Pacific Northwest Transportation Services is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team. This full-time, permanent position is based at our office in Victoria and reports to the Office & Sustainability Manager. Part-time, during the off-season (Nov-Feb), available for the right candidate.
Responsible for the smooth running of office duties, this position handles a wide range of administrative, support-related tasks, and all aspects of general office management related duties and projects at Pacific Northwest Transportation Services (PNWTS). This position functions effectively in a variety of roles, communicates professionally with customers, while providing accurate preparation and timely collection of invoices. This position works collaboratively with management and develops processes to encourage the most effective office operations while acting as the point of first contact between staff, customers, and the office. Most importantly, this position plays a part in ensuring a safe, professional, productive, and inspiring office environment influencing the company culture. You will be part of a motivated and diverse team and will have high interaction with all employees throughout the organization.
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: $28.50-$30.00 per hour
- Expected hours: 35 – 40 per week
Responsibilities & Activities
- Maintains bus audit files and paperwork.
- Maintains Drivers’ Audit files and paperwork.
- Coordinates and completes all necessary documentation for motor coach, business and driver licensing, insurance, legal requirements and paperwork.
- Files incident and accident reports.
- Coordinates to order promotional items for PNWTS within agreed budgets, and reports actual to budget on a quarterly basis to senior leadership.
- Works with the Operations team to order uniforms and coordinates with Operations to distribute company uniforms.
- Handles mail, purchasing of supplies & equipment, organizes office layout and maintains office condition & repairs.
- Collects operational data.
- Manages senior leadership administrative functions, including but not limited to the following: Calendar management, meeting invitations (agendas and minutes as required) site tours and travel.
- Collaborates, and creates presentations, proposals.
- General administrative tasks and special projects.
- Employee Events -holiday, recognition, anniversary, weddings, retirements, strategic planning, Townhalls, etc.
- Responsible for the timely recording and analysis of receivables.
- Bi-weekly communication with customers through emails including distributing e-statements and copies of invoices.
- Follows up with customers on status of invoices for payment information.
- Performs customer credit references as needed (filling out requested forms, phone calls etc).
- Prepares weekly bank deposit
- Posts wire transfers/EFT. Inform customers of any discrepancies with payments.
- Sets up EFT payments with customers.
- Posts invoices into system.
- Performs daily reconciliation of sales cash outs. Investigate discrepancies alongside Shuttle Supervisor.
Qualifications & Skills
The successful candidate will have a strong customer focus, will be self-driven, and motivated. You will have the necessary communication skills to converse easily with all organization members. You are analytical, a problem solver and critical thinker with attention to detail. The qualifications and skills to be successful in this position include:
- Superior planning and organizing skills including high attention to detail.
- Strong customer orientation with demonstrated ability to multi-task and be able to inspire, work alongside, and engage others – seen as a trusted advisor.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team and in a self-directed manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and drive for continuous improvement.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
Benefits of Working with Pacific Northwest Transportation Services
- Access to learning and professional development opportunities to support you and your career development.
- Free parking.
- Enjoy a company culture that is steeped in care for employees and where community and diversity, equity and inclusion are valued.
If you are looking to broaden your horizon and are committed to making a difference, we’d like to meet you. To apply, please do so by February 23, 2024.
To learn more about our operations and company culture, mission, and vision, please view our website at www.pnwts.com.
Pacific Northwest Transportation Services is committed to Employment Equity. We welcome and embrace applicants with diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have preferred pronouns, please let us know when you apply.
Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.